Monday, March 12, 2012

State of Ego


State of Ego

















Damn you,” I cry.
That awkward bedfellow I know,
Has stalked me with dogged ease.
But now I see him,
Feel him rousing within my head,
I go ape, and defy him room.

Nowhere can he run now,
I am stalking him right back.
I, me, the who is a knowing,
Caught his reflection in the voice
I chose, the manner I have acted.
Awareness shall upend his cunning,
Take away his powerful grip,
Release me to the waking dawn.

Who am I. The man you see,
Or one concealed, not yet revealed ?

I who am, the power of two,
Has won the duel to escape.
Fetch in the cleaning crew,
His rooms to transform in my house.
Dislodged the ex lodger so sly,
Will no longer capture my eye.

If he wants to still fight,
I'm ready for him tonight.
I won't ever more cower in fear,
Feeling him being so near.
But I'll face what he sows,
Wave him goodbye as he goes,
Even if a gasket he blows,
Just as long as he now knows,
He's a chapter I've closed....


2 comments:

  1. I really like this one! Especially the line, "Who am I. The man you see, or one concealed, not yet revealed?" It seems like in the beginning of any relationship (romantic, friendly, etc) we all appear to be someone other than the real us. We think we have to put up the best front, when really the best version of ourselves isn't the one that we pick, it's the original, unedited version! So, I love when at the end it talks about not caring what the reaction is as long as that ego knows that it's seen it's last day! We're being ourselves today!

    Thanks for this! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sophie.

    Yes I feel the weight being lifted as I acknowledge the power of my ego losing strength. I hope that the real me keeps him away.

    Loved your posts too.

    If you are the one reading all my poems, thanks, but you have a lot to get through.

    Have a look at the new blog and if you feel able please add something.

    Hugs right back, like the poem.

    This is my new policy. For a comment I will issue one hug per person. And you get the added joy of knowing it comes with a huge respect for your sharing

    ReplyDelete