Friday, November 30, 2012

Real, Gone, Kid...


Real, Gone, Kid...





Wasted as a giro top,
Blasted in a haze of dope.
Where he's gone,
No-one knows.
But he may come again,
One day that's full of rain,
Hoping to endure the pain.




Spaced between two worlds,
In between the betwixt,
And a fiery hell,
He never cared,
Can't you tell ?
Not death nor life,
He has to sell.




Bouncing up, bouncing down,
He's strayed too far,
He became a local clown.
Please try to understand,
And not always put him down.
Do you feel his tragedy,
Can you wear his thorny crown ?




The boy has left,
But he'll be back.
Would he ever get,
His life back on track ?
Probably it's because of the lack,
Not the crack,
That everything keeps,
Holding him back...





5 comments:

  1. This one is so powerful. Thank you for sharing it.
    I especially liked the question,
    Do you wear his tragedy,
    Can you feel his thorny crown?
    That;s how it is, isn't it?
    We don't know or feel one another hurts that brings them to do the things they do. Less of us, More of God (not religion) , More LOVE.
    Greetings from Astorga!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dear friend from Astorga Spain.

    I have never been a drug addict myself, but recently I have been learning from the direct experiences of life, being homeless and unemployed. I am meeting many poor souls troubled by this kind of experience and worse. It has been a humbling time, and I now know so much more compassion than I had ever given myself the chance to feel. No-one should judge what they do not know, and even then, they would do well to be open to understand the complexities of a number of situations.

    Please accept my gratitude for your continued support. Here is the hug you deserve, please share it with your family too.

    Loads of love from me....

    Peaceful Warrior. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a treasure with a tender wonderful soul. I gave flowers this week to my man because of you. You are making a better world through sharing poetry here. Speaking of. . . did you write this poem? I would love to share it and want to give credit to the author if I do.
      Heartfelt hugs back to you. Look forward to sharing over a steaming cup of Jo one of these days :-)

      Delete
    2. Yes Dear heart I have written every word you see and read on this and other associated blogs. And I am so flattered for your comments about this and many other poems too. And you have my total permission to use or quote anything you like. You too are a very special person. And I am sure your husband knows that too. Bless you Mary.

      From an elated and tearful Warrior. Xx

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete