Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Breathing


Breathing


In and out, in and
out,
you, I unconsciously breathe.

The body requires no thought,
to continue this vital function,
so how does it work ?
How does it manage to
recycle the air,
the oxygen
and expel the more harmful gases ?




I stop breathing and marvel,
a few seconds pass, I'm alive
yet I know, I will have to relent,
and take another breath for life.

I start breathing and marvel,
a few seconds pass, I'm not dead
yet I know, I will have to go on,
and enjoy my breath for life.



The lungs are a pump,
drawing in air, shoving out waste,
but how does it know ?
Why does the air not rush out
from the pressure returned ?
How come it is carbon dioxide,
how does the body decide ?

Breathing is simple,
yet a notion not mine.
Oh how I'll love to breath in
for now, and all time...!



No comments:

Post a Comment