Thursday, March 29, 2012

You Touched Me


You Touched Me
A beautiful stranger



Now you have gone,
Left to defeat your chores,
I thought that you had returned,
As I drew in your fragrance.

Looking at the light in your eyes,
I had forgotten to breath.
But I had sensed your scent,
A most wonderful, romantic allure.

Tho' brief our encounter,
You have most certainly touched me.
I took your hand in mine,
Where power flowed between us.

As I put my hand,
To my nostrils, here you are
Come back, floated upon the air,
And a flutter of hope too.

Don't be scared, for I
Have wanted you in a moment.
And as you sailed away,
Left me noticing the space here.

For a few short glorious minutes,
I smiled at pure heaven.
And gazed upon the face of angels,
Drawing my desire to grow.

Now that I am alive,
Your awareness thrust me awake.
What can I do but believe,
Destiny will play a part.

Your scent still warms my skin,
And I am happy to know.
One day we will be together,
If the power of love takes hold.





 From the wonderful film about love,

2 comments:

  1. Did you write this.. or is the poem from the film .. as I don't remember it .. but I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes.

    It is good to think that you couldn't tell the difference, that really made me smile.
    Thank you Wildernesschic, but everything you read here on this blog is 100% my own work, often based on inspirations from films books, poems and life.
    Some (of my poems) have been motivated by your poetry too.

    This poem was about an actual experience I had, and writing it reminded me of the film, hence my adding links back to the film, but is not specifically taken from it.

    Please take with you my special HUG for your comments and love.

    P.W.

    ReplyDelete