Thursday, November 10, 2011

As My Own


As My Own





Did you recall at all,
That to me you were three ?
Special hearts, special hearts.
From days so early you were,
As fruits from my own loins.
Beautiful in sunshine days,
I loved you all, so many ways.
Never do my memories deny,
The passion I felt for you.
And how my thoughts return,
to caring how you've grown.
Your light was comforting me,
In every moment of the day.
Sure I loved your mother,
But I loved you as my own.
Something binding me to say,
You'll always be a part of me.
In every moment I recall,
The joy we had in unity.

Do not feel sad for me,
I did my best, my worst,
That life, I'd come to see,
Full of tiny parts of mystery.
It was not your fault,
I failed to hold you now.
Where in my heart you are,
And shall always, forever be.
Each one of you is precious,
As is the love I remember.
The vital life of every hair,
Upon your heads I'd cared.
Put food into your bellies,
Worked hours both day and night.
Sat holding you to comfort,
Healed you when you were sick.
I'm not asking you for merit,
Rather that you all will know.
There is not a day passing,
I don't regret my missing you.







T, J, M.

No comments:

Post a Comment