Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Tardis Disappears


The Tardis Disappears



If like me you're a fan,
Of the Time-Lord and his police-box,
Being here was a memory lane,
One where time eclipsed again.

Though I never saw the Doctor,
Who, his wormhole vehicle sat proud.
Bringing in the eager visitors,
Whipping up a camera clad crowd.

Someone with a brainchild,
To raise some tourist cash.
No doubt an eager entrepreneur,
Milking them, despite economic crash.

I turn to sip the steaming cup,
And take a bite of scone.
Suddenly, there's a whooshing groan,
And when I turn, the Tardis's gone...


2 comments:

  1. Huge Dr. Who fan, I am. My hubbypants has watched it from way back in the olden days of TV...I'm somewhat of a newbie having only watched the last several years. Mucho good fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you M. for this. I was in Cambridge the other day and there it was on the street. I was in Aunties Tea Shop (see earlier poem) and when I turned it had vanished. Odd, weird, strange, coincidental, who knows?

    Take away your Hug please, for sharing a thought here.

    Loads of love.

    P.W.

    ReplyDelete