Tuesday, December 13, 2016

I hold this Dream.

                I hold this Dream.




Full of grace, I see light,
For in the eyes of love
Comes a smile to bring me hope,
And in the dawn of my day,
You are arriving to show me,
How desire can be forgiven.
My mind just will not cease,
From thinking of how you glow,
Of how the scent reaches my nostrils
And the warmth of your touch
Has breathed a breath of belief,
That I may not suffer alone.
But still I reveal to you
Nothing that would show my hand.
For that would be to dream
As Icarus, who wanted the Sun,
The iridescent candle of desire,
A place where no mortal survives.


 

Danger awaits he who wants,
Fulfillment breeds only the angst,
An unsettling reward in the stomach,
Where betrayal of the passion,
Has often led to despair
And a denial of all that is holy.
What man could crave the flesh,
And not be consumed by it?
Falling into this radiant space,
Both refreshing and liberating love,
And mocking that freedom, below
The weight of a guilty pleasure.
In my heart is the notion,
Of loving love beyond any boundary,
Of taking your hands in mine,
Of holding the light of love itself.
I hold the dream I’ve dreamed,
Despite the odds, despite the wisdom,
For not to have dreamed of you,
Would not have been a life worth living!







No comments:

Post a Comment