Thursday, July 28, 2016

Fully ripened fruit.

Fully ripened fruit.




It is said,
‘Ye shall know the tree,
When it bears its’ fruit.’
Then what fruit do you eat?
Tell me my lovely,
Just how juicy are dry
Are the taste-buds that excite you?
Some people like a variety
Of fruits to cross their pallet,
Others eat only apples
To keep the doctor of love at bay.
Tell me please my lovely,
What fruit are you for me?

Stranger men have said,
That you are ripe as cherries,
All I see with mine own eyes,
Is the heady haze,
Of squashed pears
That come be cider.
Do you see in me,
The Kumquats’ ripe and slender?
Exotic, rare and full of peace?
For I could fill up
Your entire senses,
If Kumquat was your nectar,
And in the everlastingness
Of time, becoming
Your sweet surrender !






No comments:

Post a Comment