Monday, January 09, 2017

That’s Ya Lot !

        That’s Ya Lot !



Who knew?
Not me,
That when she came,
I’d feel the freight train,
Coming fast and steaming through.

Who knew?
Not I,
That this could happen,
Just when I’d given up hope,
The universe should send me you.

Who sees?
Not I,
The reason to believe,
Love has come to save the day,
Your name carried upon the breeze.

Who sees?
Not me,
Why its’ been holding,
Me back from living the dream,
Kissing the type of love that frees.

You knew,
That I,
Would come to feel,
How strongly you’d crave attention,
And share the love that grew.

You knew,
That I,
Could not really resist,
Holding your hands in mine,
And giving you love that’s true.

You saw,
As I,
The passion building inside,
Devotion added to a belief,
That finds us wanting more.

You saw,
As I,
Hope to fill desire,
Flames of wanting everlasting love,
Trampling us roughly upon the floor.

Temptation knew,
Our hearts,
Would fill to breaking point,
Hopelessly devoted to one another,
Eradicating everything that made us blue.

Temptation knew,
Our hearts,
Would come to beat as one,
Find reason to the empty rhymes,
A love to live, and die for too.

We knew,
Life together,
The answer to our lonely prayers,
An image of perfection on earth,
Opening up paradise from every door.

We saw,
Life together,
The fulfillment of our wildest dreams,
A chance to hold the hand of love,
And beg and plead for nothing more…




No comments:

Post a Comment