Saturday, March 21, 2015

Rise Above Hatred

Rise Above Hatred.


    R.I.P. Robert Nesta Marley



I do not justify malice,
Nor do I judge myself holy.
I simply walk in love’s shadow,
Where abundance greets the lowly.
Rastafar I for a force becoming,
Some reverence of my god above,
Music flows through my veins,
Where this message, is only of love.
Save for me no place in ego,
I live that your will be done,
Especially in the hearts of men,
Where we can learn to live as one.




I and I not be as strangers,
Take no pleasure in my fall.
Sing of love and peace together,
Hear the words that prophets call.
Blood is thicker than the water,
Mankind could make the fighting cease.
If only we act out our friendships,
The world could learn to live in peace.
Beneath the mighty god above,
All should learn to live in love,
We are made upon this image,
Where all true peace became a dove.




I am only a messenger,
But as an ambassador I’m known,
Preaching redemption on his grace,
For the forgiveness we’re being shown.
Carry on no more with hate,
Be courageous in the love we share,
Feel the emancipation of your spirit,
On Zion I shall greet you there.
Thought the light within is fading,
Remember how bright in love we are,
Stand up for, the rights of freedom,
Where love becomes a shining star!







‘Marley’ the movie about Bob’s life.

‘We’ll not forget your courage, a friend of love and ours’.’

No comments:

Post a Comment