Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Towards the Sun


Towards the Sun



Glowing with firey light,
I'm devoured by your heat,
And warmed in promises to see.
Energy for all of life,
Driven down with loves rays.
Longings to be warmed again,
Is why I travel here a plane,
Missing out, no drops of rain.

Colossal temperatures to tread,
Be careful I, and cover head.
Looking through a tinted shade,
Views become obscured in haze.
Rolling ever wearily on,
To beer and bed, I'll belong,
A rousing note within my song,
For the land my feet shall tread upon.




2 comments:

  1. Nicely described. I liked "A rousing note within my song."-good line

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, and thanks for the comment. I am glad that you liked it, my poems random as ever. I apologise for not commenting recently, as I have been busy with my walk preparations.
      I start tomorrow lunchtime. 21st June. If you would like to walk with me when I come to Scotland, get in touch.

      see. www.peacefulwarrior.eu

      And here is the HUG that I give to all commenters.

      Have a great day friend.

      Delete